Submitting an Application: To submit an application, simply click on the APPLY NOW button located to the bottom right of each property. You must submit a copy of each adult applicant's Driver's License for your application to be processed.
Application Fee: The application fee is $30 per person (18+). This can be paid in cash at the office or by card online. Click the Online Payment link to pay online using PayLease. Then find the property drop down box, and simply type"Application Fee."
Processing Time: Applications are processed within 48 business hours. Please allow extra time for processing during peak seasons.
Approval Process: Our approval process for all rental properties includes an income, background and credit check as well as a rental verification.
- Income Qualifications: Applicants must have a net income of three times the monthly rent to qualify.
- Background Check: A thorough background check, including all court records, is performed.
- Credit Check: An Experian credit report is pulled for each applicant to assess their credit and get an idea of the "big picture" regarding how their bills are being paid. Some items of concern include, but are not limited to: items in collections, charge offs, liens, bankruptcies, foreclosures and excessive slow pays. These are factored into the overall big picture when a decision for approval or denial is being made.
- Rental Verification: Rental references from previous landlords are obtained to ensure that there have not been excessive late pays, NSFs or damages. Applicants who have had a Rule to Vacate within the past 15 years or who currently owe any landlord a balance will be declined.
Approved Applications: Approved applications are good for up to 90 days on any property that matches the applicant's income qualifications.
Selecting a Property: Once an approved applicant has selected a property, they will have 48 business hours to pay the security deposit and sign the lease. After 48 hours, the property will be available to the next applicant in line. Muse Realty reserves the right to grant an extended period for an applicant to sign when circumstances require it.
Appointment Only Properties: Available listings with this description usually have a current owner or tenant who is in the process of vacating. To reduce traffic, we only set appointments for approved applicants on these properties. After viewing the property, if you decide not to rent it, you may keep your application on file for 90 days to select another rental.
Our rental properties vary in their pet policies, as each home has a different owner who decides which pets they will allow. Below are some distinctions that you will find in our listings as well as some general details about our pet policy.
- No Pets: The owner of this home has elected not to allow pets on the property.
- Specific Listings: The owner of this home has elected to only allow certain types of pets in the home.
- Nothing Listed about Pets: The owner of this home is generally open to pets, but will still make the final decision regarding pet approval.
- Pet Fee: The pet fee is $200 and is non refundable. We do not charge pet rent. Any future pets allowed at the property must first receive owner approval.